Wednesday 6 August 2014


Rainbow Springs

“Hey, look! There are the gondolas!” Christine alerted me as we drove past the super fun but super scary gondolas. We were on our way to Rainbow Springs where we would go on the Big Splash. As we drove into the crowded car park of Rainbow Springs my body started shaking of excited. We walked slowly through the entrance and then to the trout pond where we stood around and had our photo taken. My friends and I had a quick look at the trout and scanned the birds hurriedly (all because we wanted to get to the Big Splash.)My heart was pounding as we got closer and closer to the Big Splash. Finally the time came when we were standing in the line waiting for our turn, for the boat to pick us up (by now I was shaking all over.)When the boat the boat arrived we filed into the seats, with Christine and I sitting in the back, knowing we’d get soaking wet. The boat started and made its way through the projected portal. The boat went up an elevator and down to a forest. We pasted a scary dinosaur that made us scream until our heads almost fell off; I told my friends “I don’t think we’ll have any screams left for the big drop”. We went through a maori village where we nearly got caught by a hawk. Then we went past a tree that almost fell on us. After going up another elevator we came to the signs that said: hold on and smile, warning us of the big drop. I felt my heart miss a beat. As we went down the big drop I heard Jessica praying under her breath while the rest of us were screaming and holding on. Seconds later we were soaking but smiling. I felt amazed at the thought that I had done it; I had survived the big drop. I was scared to go again but also excited. After that we went on eight more times. I was so glad I went on and had that marvellous experience.

By Jemma

No comments:

Post a Comment