Sunday 14 September 2014

Camp Rotoarua (luke)



There were, waiting in line at the gondola to go up to the Luge. My group rushed into the gondola and sat down foam seats. The gondola was moving on a steel line with wheels on top of it. My group and I started to wonder if the doors would close, as the gondola was about one metre off the ground the doors finally closed. The gondola made its way up the steep hill side. At half way up the hill my group and I took a look at the marvellous view of Rotorua. The gondola had made it to the top building.


We were all outside on the grass looking at the contraption that could lift you in the air at 100mph! Mr O called us over to sit down so he could organize us into groups to go down on the Luge. The kids were split up in to two groups with parents the first group went, then the second and then my group Brandon, Oliver, Samuel, Caeley and Mr Barfoote. We hoped into the carts and we were off down the scenic track around that corner and down that straight. Then there was Caeley, Oliver and Samuel all crashed and I swooped around and through I got closer to a turn hard right turn. On the final straight I was so close to winning then vroom! Mr Barfoote past me, I came second. We came back up on the two seated chair lift. We made it back up to the top. On my second time down was much more fun, there more tight turns and you could go much faster on the straights.


Over all the school camps, Rotorua would be the best.           

No comments:

Post a Comment