Sunday 14 September 2014

The big splash


The Big Splash

Get up, get up.  Everyone, get up!

Okay, I am up.  The room is so messy. The room looked like we had a party last night.  Beth, Jemma, Jessica, Christine, Rachel, Caeley and I were half asleep.  It was nearly the end of our camp at Rotorua.  We grabbed things and threw things.  We had the room looking good in no time.  We had just made our beds when the whistle went.  So we went over to the kitchenette for ten minutes.  In that time we were told that Room 40 had won the morning bunk inspection.  It was our bunkroom that had won!

 

Soon we were on the bus on our way to Rainbow Springs.

I have never been to Rainbow Springs, said someone walking in front of me.  The bus ride did not take long.  We got to Rainbow Springs at last.  We all started to exit the bus like a herd of horses.  The vibe was happy and excited.  I know I was!  We looked at some very big trout.  After that we went to the playground, played and had lunch.  We all sat down and were told that we were about to go on the Big Splash.  Room 40 (my cabin) went on first.   I was even more excited than ever.  We sat in the boat.  I sat in the front and we were off!  As we passed the dinosaur, we all screamed at it.  It had given us a fright.  As we sailed under the bridge, Tua the tuatara was talking about what the Maoris brought to New Zealand  - dogs and rats.  We went past the early European part.  We  sailed past a mine, and Tua said something about the birds but we did not notice the end of the ride was here and you know what that meant!  The boat went down and down; my tummy went up when my boat went down. 

Well, that was fun, I said to everyone in the boat.  I was so wet I did not think I would need a bath tonight.  I went on the Big Splash for more rides.  I think it was one of the best things I did on camp.  I hope I go again sometime in the future.  When we went back to camp we put our wet clothes out to dry.  We had dinner then went to the Polynesian Spa.  But that is another story.  ..........

No comments:

Post a Comment